Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"unfun" versus "fun" sewing

I spent a whole day last week sewing and don't have a single interesting pic to show for it..... I seriously loathe mending and alterations of any kind although it feels really good to have all these annoying little fixes done and out of the way!

This is what I did:
1) Mended Mother-in-laws sheets (Seriously?? who mends sheets??)
2) Mended Father-in-laws trousers - one of the few people I volunteer to mend for.... he really is a keeper!
3) Mended a cap for my friend Cath - This was in a bag of things she gave me around 12 months ago (could be longer) for mending and given how long it's taken me to get to the bag she probably wont ask me again (Should I be smiling at that thought?)
4) Mended a Top for one of Cath's girls
5) Mended a plastic covered pool bag for Cath
6) Looked at the denim skirt of Cath's and shoved it back in the bag unmended (hoped figured her girls would have outgrown it by now anyway)
7) Cut off and hemmed two top sheets that have always been too wide and dragged on the floor.
8) Hemmed the curtains in my bedroom that have been hanging with pins in them for about 2 years now.
9) Hemmed two sets of Curtains in master 9's room that have been hanging with pins in the bottoms for even longer than mine - he has FINALLY stopped nagging me! :)
10) And finally, I mended a dress - belonging to Miss 12 and I'm pleased to say that it still fits!

Then on Monday I moved on to some fun sewing and managed to get this little quilt top together:

Such pretty/girly fabrics
I have no idea what the fabric range is as the quilt was started by my Aunty Lin before she passed away last year.  Lin had most of the coloured blocks together but there weren't any instructions to follow so I hope she would approve of what I did with it. I tried to use up as much of the fabric as I could while still leaving enough to do a pieced bind. So now I just have to find some backing and I can send it off to be quilted before returning it to Uncle Ron for one of their Grandaughters!

Until next time....

4 comments:

  1. Aunty Lin would be proud! And so will the lucky recipient! Don't you hate 'unfun' sewing! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so many useful deals are done!
    And the quilt is magnificent - love the colours!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely Lin would love that you are finishing it for her :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic quilt Tracey. So special that you could finish it from your Aunty's sewing....well done with the mending too. Amazing how it piles up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments...... It's nice to know i'm not just talking to myself!