- Scraps of two co-ordinating fabrics (One main fabric and one lining fabric)
- Medium weight Iron-on Pellon
- One of the following: Velcro / Hair elastic and Matching Button / Magnetic clasp (14mm)
- 1.5" x 1.5" heavy weight interfacing (if using Velcro or Magnetic clasp)
From each of your main fabric, your lining fabric and your pellon cut:-
- 1 - 7.5" x 4.25" piece
- 1 - 5" x 4.25" piece
- 1 - 1" x 11" strip for strap
- 1 - 2" x 2.75" piece for SD card pocket
- Iron pellon to wrong side of Main fabric pieces
- Iron wrist strap in half lengthwise to make a centre crease then unfold and iron in both long edges to the crease. Iron in half again to conceal the raw edges and make a narrow strap. Stitch close to edge.
- Iron SD card pocket in half, right sides together so that the short ends meet and stitch down both sides using a 0.25" seam. Turn right side out, press and topstitch folded edge.
Position the pocket upside down with the raw edge 3" from the bottom of the right side of the 7.5" lining piece and stitch in place with a small seam.
Iron pocket upward and stitch around three sides to secure in place. Backstitching at beginning and end.
Place the two 5" fabric pieces right sides together and stitch using a 0.25" seam along the short edge. Iron out flat.
On the the 5" piece of main fabric position velcro so that the bottom edge sits 1.5" down from the seam line and stitch in place. For the magnetic clasp position so that the top edge of the clasp sits 0.75" down from the seam line.
Matching wrong sides, press and topstitch folded edge through all layers. Taking care when ironing not to melt the velco like I did on my first attempt!
On the wrong side of the 7" lining piece, position the square of interfacing in the centre about 0.25" from the top edge and iron in place. Using a rounded object (I used a small ramekin), mark the shape you'd like the flap to be and cut along the marked line.