Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mmmm.....Pie!

Well not much sewing going on here at the moment. My time yesterday was taken up with boring stuff like housework in preparation for my Sister and family arriving for the weekend. It's an 8 hour drive to my Sister's place from here so unfortunately we don't get to see each other often (which makes her visit special enough for me to put my sewing aside, lol).

Miss 11 made a very yummy lasagne for dinner last night which we had with my roast vegeatable salad and I attempted a Lemon Meringue Pie for dessert.... I don't know why but I've always been a bit intimidated by meringue....Not any more! I used a recipe I found online at: http://www.exclusivelyfood.com.au/2006/06/lemon-meringue-pie-recipe.html


It turned out great and was a bit hit....will definately be making it again :)

Dinner is at Mum's tonight where we get to babysit my little niece while my Sister and her hubby go to her 15 year school re-union....so a great family weekend....just a shame my hubby is away on a work trip at the moment!

Until next time.....

3 comments:

  1. WOW! I'm so IMPRESSED Miss 11 can cook lasagne. I wish someone could cook for me EVERY night. I totally agree sewing can wait while your sister visits....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pie turned out beautifully, I am sure your visitors will return just to eat some pie.
    Happy Monday.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments...... It's nice to know i'm not just talking to myself!