Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Hat for ..........?

I've been itching to get time to whip up some hats for the kids using this "Lazy Day Hat" pattern from "Make it Perfect" that I bought a couple of weeks ago from Fabric Closet on Etsy.

The hat I made today was originally for Miss 10 but it turned out a bit on the small size even though I made the Large which was meant for a 56cm head circumference..... Miss 10's head is 54cm.  Not sure what/if I did anything wrong but will make the X-Large next time. Miss 10 was very disappointed that it was too snug and Master 7 was even more horrified disappointed that he got to wear it while I took photos of it.... being a GIRLS hat and all! The Horror!

The hat is fully reversible which is great for matching with lots of outfits and I used two fabrics from the range "Lily Pond by Wendy Slotboom" which I also bought from "Fabric Closet".
See how delighted Master 7 is ..........LOL (such a mean Mummy I am)

I'm sure it will make a nice pressie for some little girl and this makes finish number 4 for OPAM 2010!

Until next time.........

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comments...... It's nice to know i'm not just talking to myself!