Sunday, October 23, 2011

Re-upholstery success!

I've been wanting to attempt to re-cover our old lounge for a while now and finally took the plunge yesterday. I'm pleased to say that the project was a success and I can now go and buy more fabric for the remaining two lounge chairs.... I wasn't game enough to do so initially just in case I couldn't manage it and I wasted money on all that fabric!

This is what I started with...... our poor old lounge had seen better days!
Please ignore that state of our lawn.... hubby has thankfully gone off to fix our mower this morning!

And here she and improved!
I used a fairly heavy weight fabric which is almost like a canvas as I'm going to use them on our back deck and make a sort of outside room.... just have to save up for some bistro blinds now!

No mistakes hiding under the cushion either!

And this is why my fingers are sore today..... so many staples to remove!

Once my fingers recover.... I'll do the remaining single chair before I tackle the two-seater!

Until next time.....


  1. woohoo! Big project to tackle - can see why you wanted to do one first as a trial.

  2. What a magnificent job!!! Good luck with the rest. Louise

  3. Looks great... I would be terrified to tackle such a big job....

  4. The chair looks fantastic! No wonder your fingers were sore.

  5. Looks fantastic Tracy.... Hope the finger recover quickly...

  6. Your chair looks amazing! You have done a really good job.


Thanks so much for your comments...... It's nice to know i'm not just talking to myself!