Sunday, July 18, 2010

Charm Squares Baby Quilt

Club quilt again today, and I managed to put together this little "Charm Squares Baby Quilt" top using the PDF tutorial over at "Sew Mama Sew".  The nice bright fabric I used was "Snorkel by Cosmo Cricket"  and I just cut my own squares from fabric I already had rather than buying charm squares. I also made the quilt a little larger so that it is cot sized instead of only 33" x 40".

I've been itching to make this quilt ever since I first laid eyes on it at "Willow Grove Quilting" and then I spotted it again at over at "Stillmeadow Quilting" and especially loved the bright and colourful one that Kim made...... I just had to wait for the special little person to arrive to finalise my colour choices.....and arrive he did, 5 weeks early!

Well, I'd best stop hanging around chatting and get on with the quilting (yes I am actually quilting this one myself.....shock horror!).......and it's almost done!

You can find instructions for the changes I made here.

Until next time......

7 comments:

  1. I'm quilting mine, too - by hand! OK, it's big stitches, but still I'm doing it.

    Yours looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful - We have a new addition that needs a quilt so I might check this one out. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs - Fee XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, another great one! It will be much loved, I'm sure! Have fun quilting it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful Trace....I am sure you will do a brilliant job quilting this...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks wonderful. I couldn't remember where I had seen it. Love the bright colours

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments...... It's nice to know i'm not just talking to myself!