- 375g packet dried thin egg noodles (The Asian brand's are much better)
- 4 eggs, beaten lightly with a dash of water
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp Mild Curry Paste (I use Pataks Mild Corriander & Cumin)
- Meat from half a BBQ chicken, shredded
- 4 shallots, chopped coarsely
- 3 carrots, cut into fine matchsticks
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- Spray Oil
Cook noodles in a large saucepan uncovered, until just tender, drain.
Spray a large frying pan or wok with oil and cook the eggs in a couple of batches to make thin omelettes. Once cooked, roll omelettes and cut into thin strips, then set aside.
Spray pan again. Stir-fry onion and garlic until onion softens. Add paste and stir-fry until fragrant then add chicken, carrot, capsicum and sauces and stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
Add noodles, shallots and omelette, toss to combine and heat through.
NB. Green prawns make a yummy addition if you have them and I usually keep a small amount of the plain noodles set aside to add to Master 7's meal, as he's not a huge fan of anything too hot!