Friday, October 9, 2009

Yummy Singapore Noodles!

Last night I made one of our family's favourite dishes and thought I should share my recipe with you. I always loved Singapore Noodles from the local Chinese Restaurant and it took me quite a few goes to find a recipe i liked. By the time i'd finished changing it for ease of cooking and to suit my taste it barely resembled the original recipe at all!

Ingredients:
  • 375g packet dried thin egg noodles (The Asian brand's are much better)
  • 4 eggs, beaten lightly with a dash of water
  • 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 3 tbsp Mild Curry Paste (I use Pataks Mild Corriander & Cumin)
  • Meat from half a BBQ chicken, shredded
  • 4 shallots, chopped coarsely
  • 3 carrots, cut into fine matchsticks
  • 1 red capsicum, sliced
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 1/3 cup oyster sauce
  • Spray Oil

Method:

Cook noodles in a large saucepan uncovered, until just tender, drain.

Spray a large frying pan or wok with oil and cook the eggs in a couple of batches to make thin omelettes. Once cooked, roll omelettes and cut into thin strips, then set aside.

Spray pan again. Stir-fry onion and garlic until onion softens. Add paste and stir-fry until fragrant then add chicken, carrot, capsicum and sauces and stir-fry for a couple of minutes.

Add noodles, shallots and omelette, toss to combine and heat through.

NB. Green prawns make a yummy addition if you have them and I usually keep a small amount of the plain noodles set aside to add to Master 7's meal, as he's not a huge fan of anything too hot!

I hope you like it as much as we do!

3 comments:

  1. I love Singapore Noodles this sounds and looks yummy thanks for the recipe I have just printed it off....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you like it Peg....let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I made your Singapore Noodles on Saturday afternoon, it was such a hit, my fiance had two servings which is a rarity!!
    Two thumbs up for Thimbelina!!!!!
    Regards
    ego069

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments...... It's nice to know i'm not just talking to myself!