Saturday, August 2, 2014

A special bag for a special little girl

My husband's 2.I.C has a little daughter, Mackenzie, who has recently been diagnosed with diabetes. I wanted to do something special for her and decided on a cute little bag to carry all her essentials like her needles and sugar tester, etc. After a bit of thought and some sneaky and very technical measuring by my husband (almost as big as an A4 sheet of paper by half a fist wide... you get the idea, lol) this is what I came up with.

I used much the same method as for the snap-happy bags I've made in the past (book bags).
I thought the snappy closure would make it quick and easy to get in to, and I included a layer of plastic on the outside of the bag and added handles so that she could carry it over her shoulder easily.

Lastly, I added her (very long) name to the front just to make it special!



Mackenzie was absolutely delighted with it....
and I know it made my husbands day to be able to give her something special.

Cheers
Thimbelina

5 comments:

  1. Oh that is so very cute and I love the fabric and the name on the front.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely bag... great idea and so special..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get the lettering template? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a very kind & thoughtful person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments...... It's nice to know i'm not just talking to myself!