Saturday, August 7, 2010

Caramel Mud Muffins

After my success with the Chocolate Mud Muffins back here, I just had to make the Caramel ones from the same book "Women's weekly...Cupcakes by colour". Once again I was not disappointed... they turned out beautifully.
I attempted to make a caramel ganache to top them with (which I didn't have a recipe for) but it ending up being more of a caramel icing as it didn't thicken so I whipped it up with some added icing sugar instead...tasted great just not quite what I was after!


Caramel Mud Cakes

125g butter, chopped coarsely
100g White eating chocolate
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup golden syrup
2/3 cup milk
1 cup plain flour
1/3 cup self-raising flour
1 egg

  • Preheat oven to 170oC/150oC fan-forced and line 12-hole muffin pan with paper cases.

  • Stir the butter, chocolate, sugar, syrup and milk in a small saucepan over low heat until smooth. Transfer mixture to medium bowl; cool 15 minutes.

  • Whisk sifted flours into chocolate mixture, then egg.

  • Drop 1/4 cup of mixture into cases and bake about 30 minutes.

  • Stand cakes 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.

I'll share my caramel ganache recipe once I perfect it!

Enjoy..........







3 comments:

  1. Do they freeze well....I know your passing by my mail box in a few weeks !!!! lol.How can one diet with pic like that ! cheers from hungry person.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments...... It's nice to know i'm not just talking to myself!