Sunday, June 19, 2011

Floor Cushion

Not the most exciting project but I managed to get a much needed new cover made for the huge cushion that lives on the floor in our loungeroom.... the only carpet we have is in our bedrooms so the kids love to sprawl on this giant cushion in front of the T.V!

Ta-Da.... my 120cm square cushion!
The back simply fastens with velcro

And to fancy it up a's a peek at another cushion cover I'm working on:
Hopefully I'll have it finished in the next couple of days!
Until next time.......

Sunday, June 12, 2011

For Marlie

During the week I managed to get Marlie's quilt all quilted and bound...... Nice easy straight lines which is the only sort of quilting I'm brave enough to attempt! I really like the look of the straight lines though and I've done a couple of baby quilts this way  now.

Now I just need to get a couple more things made to go with it and I can send it off!

You can find instructions for the changes I made here.

Until next time........

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

New addition!

This dear little person arrived three weeks ago today, and is the first child for my brother and his beautiful wife.....which means I have another little Niece to spoil! Welcome Marlie xoxo
So now that we're home from our visit and everything has settled down again, I managed to get a quilt top put together on the weekend especially for Marlie:

The fabric is Blush by Basic Grey and I used a PDF Tutorial called "Charm squares baby quilt" from Sew Mama Sew, but I used almost double the number of squares to make it bigger and added baby's name to the bottom.

I don't have to work today so I'm hoping I'll get a chance to start quilting it....I'm itching to send it off now!

Until next time.....

Friday, June 3, 2011

A promise fullfilled - well almost!

I've already shown you one small project that I made on the Club Quilt retreat a couple of weeks ago but the main project I took along was one that is very special to me.... I don't know why it seems to have taken me weeks to finally photograph it....hmmm!

When my Aunt passed away this time last year she left an unfinished quilt behind that she had asked me to complete and I'm pleased to say the top is finally done.... It's a beautiful quilt and I think she would be very happy with it!

My Aunt had done a lot of the work and had finished down to the bird row which she had already half stitched.... I did the rest. When I look at my contribution now it doesn't seem like much but it took me the best part of the weekend!

The vine at the top will have yo-yo flowers added after quilting

That pattern is called "Country Hearts" by Patwork Pumpkin.

So now I just have to find some backing and send it off to be quilted!

Until next time.....